ColdSnap! Frost Alarm 3.6
||Continue to app|
ColdSnap! helps you prepare for the weather by warning you of low/high temperatures forecast or when the current observed temperature falls outside the range you set. ColdSnap! stays out of sight until it's time to warn you to clear your screen in the morning, grit the driveway, cover up with horticultural fleece, or turn the heated propagators on.
You choose where to source your weather data from. Select from NOAA, Weather Underground, World Weather Online or UK MetOffice, so if one provider isn't accurate for your specific location, there are others to choose from.
- 1x1 Widget for Home Screen showing Current Forecast, or most Imminent Warning
- Notifies you when the forecast temperature or current temperature drops below a set level
- Global (pretty much!) forecast data from either World Weather Online or Weather Underground but also NOAA for US and Met Office for UK
- Ability to set the number of days ahead that you wish to check the forecast for
- Configure up to 4 locations to watch
- Configure your own schedule and which notifications to receive
- 14 Day History of Observed Temperature
- Farenheit/Celsius Support
- German & French Language Support
If you have an idea you want to see implemented, have trouble with the app or just want some general help, please contact me via the email at the bottom of this page or on the about screen within the app. I welcome contact from my users and will endeavor to resolve any issues (there is no facility in Google Play for me to help you in response to rating feedback).
Who's it for?
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is a must have application for gardeners, allotment holders and anyone else that wants a low maintenance, light weight frost warning system.
I produced the application specifically to warn myself of impending low temperatures having had our permaculture project in 2010 suffer frost damage as a result of a late frost. ColdSnap! is not intended to be a full blown weather app and does not replace your existing weather application or widgets. It is a lightweight application that, once installed and configured, you never need look at again.
Rely on ColdSnap! to check the forecast even when you forget. I use it myself, so you can be sure it’ll continue to be maintained.
ColdSnap! is perfect for all outdoor pursuits, ideal for fair-weather sailors planning a sailing weekend, fair-weather campers planning a camping trip, those with animals, livestock and poultry that need protection from low temperatures.
Protect those precious grape vines! If you're an amateur viticulturist like me, this is a must have app if you need reminding to cover up to save those first shoots of the year!
Farmers, drivers, rail companies, facilities managers, estate managers can all benefit! Having commuted into London for many years, how I wished my rail operator had been forewarned of ice on the track
What's it for?
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is a simple but effective way to ensure you are notified of low temperatures forecast in your area.
What's it do?
Nothing...until you need it to!
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm will periodically check the weather forecast and produce notifications whenever a low temperature is forecast.
Once the app has been run once, you never need look at it again. You can rely on ColdSnap! to do the checking.
About ColdSnap! Frost Alarm
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is a paid app for Android published in the Astronomy list of apps, part of Home & Hobby.
The company that develops ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is Antony Cook. The latest version released by its developer is 3.6.
To install ColdSnap! Frost Alarm on your Android device, just click the green Continue To App button above to start the installation process. The app is listed on our website since 2017-03-10 and was downloaded 100 times. We have already checked if the download link is safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded app with your antivirus. If your antivirus detects the ColdSnap! Frost Alarm as malware or if the download link for com.cook.org is broken, use the contact page to email us.
How to install ColdSnap! Frost Alarm on your Android device:
- Click on the Continue To App button on our website. This will redirect you to Google Play.
- Once the ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is shown in the Google Play listing of your Android device, you can start its download and installation. Tap on the Install button located below the search bar and to the right of the app icon.
- A pop-up window with the permissions required by ColdSnap! Frost Alarm will be shown. Click on Accept to continue the process.
- ColdSnap! Frost Alarm will be downloaded onto your device, displaying a progress. Once the download completes, the installation will start and you'll get a notification after the installation is finished.
posted on 2017-03-10
-- updated due to change to NOAA WebService
--added second MetOffice weather provider to allow selection of either Air Temp or 'Feels like' Temp
--removed requirement for GPS to reach more devices and Amazon app store.
-fixed error within widget - thanks to German nexus 7 for reporting !
-fixed error within widget - thanks Carl !
posted on 2016-01-06
3.5,--added second MetOffice weather provider to allow selection of either Air Temp or 'Feels like' Temp,--removed requirement for GPS to reach more devices and Amazon app store.,3.4,-fixed error within widget - thanks to German nexus 7 for reporting !,3.3,-fixed error within widget - thanks Carl !
posted on 2012-10-25
Several fixes and updates